Stir fries are my go to dish when I don’t have much time to cook. There are so many things you can add to a stir fry and using that leftover veg in your fridge is perfect for this dish.
Being Pakistani I like to add a little heat to my stir fries by using a chilli sauce. My favourite chilli sauce for when I cook stir fries is Srirarcha Sauce, which is widely available from most supermarkets. It is made from sun ripen chillies, vinegar and garlic and is delicious in stir fries.
What you need for the chicken marination:
2 chicken breasts thinly sliced
1 tbs Sirarcha sauce
4-5 tbs soya sauce
1 tbs white wine vinegar
What you need for the stir fry:
A bag of stir fry veg (I get mine from Tesco with beansprouts and I added some brocolli to mine)
1 tbs Sirarcha sauce
4-5 tbs Soya sauce
2 tbs Oyster sauce
1 tbs Rice wine vinegar
What you need to do;
1. Cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Once cooked, drain and rinse with cold water to stop them sticking together.
2. Add the thinly sliced chicken to a bowl and add 4-5 tbs soya sauce, 1 tbs rice wine vinegar and 1 tbs sirarcha sauce and mix. Set aside for 30 mins.
3. In another bowl add 100ml soya sauce, 2tbs oyster sauce, 2 tbs sirarcha sauce. In a cup mix 3 tsp cornflour with 100ml water. Add this to the soya sauce mixture and stir until fully combined. Set aside.
4. In a non stick pan add some sesame oil and heat up. Add the marinated chicken and stir fry for 4-5 mins on a high heat until fully cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
5. Now in the same pan add some more sesame oil and heat. Add the veg and stir fry for 2-3 mins on high heat.
6. Add the cooked chicken back into the pan and mix together with the stir fried veg and stir fry on a high heat for 3-4 mins.
7. Add the cooked noodles to the chicken and veg.
8. Add the sauce to the stir fry and mix everything together until fully combined. Before adding the sauce ensure you stir it well as the cornflour tends to settle at the bottom.
9. Garnish with spring onions and add nigella seeds and black pepper.
– you can adjust your sirarcha sauce if you like it more or less spicy
– you don’t need to add salt as the soya sauce is already salty