These spring rolls I learnt to make from my in-laws. The seasoning is really basic using salt, pepper and soya sauce but the flavours are just delicious.
What you need:
3 chicken breasts boiled and shredded into small pieces
3 carrots grated
1/2 white cabbage grated
Spring roll pastry sheets (approx 30-40)
1 chicken cube crumbled
6 tbs soya sauce (or more if required)
1tsp salt (add more if needed after tasting)
1 tbs coarsely grounded pepper
Beaten egg for gluing the spring rolls together
2 tbs oil
Grease proof paper
What you need to do:
1. In a pot heat the oil
2. Add the grated carrot and white cabbage and sauté for a few mins but still crunchy
3. Add the shredded chicken and mix well.
4. Add soya sauce, Chinese salt, pepper and salt and mix well. Taste and if more salt and pepper is needed then add accordingly. Now let this cool down completely.
5. Separate the pastry sheets and put them in the damp cloth. This prevents them drying up and crisping 6. Line your tray with grease proof paper
7. Take one pastry sheet and place it so it looks like a diamond when you look at it.
8. Place some chicken mix in the middle of of the pastry sheet.
9. Brush some egga round the sides.
10. Take the two corners on the right and left and bring them to the middle.
11. The take the bottom corner and bring it up into the middle.
12. Brush some egg on the pastry sheet again.
13. Roll from the bottom up and your spring roll is ready.
13. Line up your spring rolls on the tray and you can keep creating layers by placing grease proof paper on the spring rolls ( see picture to see what I mean).
14. Place the tray in the freezer.
15. Once frozen pull them off the grease proof paper and place into freezer bags and put them back into the freezer again.
Tips: – You can deep fry these from frozen and eat with ketchup, sweet chilli sauce. – eat in their own as a snack or as a side dish! Enjoy and ask if you don’t understand anything I have said!