If you are an Oreo lover then you will love this Oreo cheesecake. It is creamy, comforting and has that slight crunch and is the perfect dessert.
This is a no bake cheesecake and it’s so yummy you’ll keep going back for more.
What you need;
20cm/8 inch Loose bottom cake tin
2 packets of Oreos approx 300g
300g Philadelphia cheese at room temperature
600ml double cream
65g unsalted butter
70g icing sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1. Grease the cake tin and set aside.
2. Add the Oreos to a chopper and blend until finely chopped and turned into a crumbly mix.
3. Take a third of the crushed Oreos and set aside. Approx 100g.
4. Transfer the crumbs to a bowl, then pour over 65g melted butter. Mix thoroughly until the crumbs are completely coated.
5. Tip them into the prepared tin and press firmly down into the base to create an even layer. Chill in the fridge for 1 hr to set firmly.
6. To make the filling add the cream cheese to a bowl and cream using an electric whisk until its silky smooth.
7. In a separate bowl add the double cream, vanilla extract and icing sugar and whisk using an electric blender until you have whipped cream and have soft peaks. Remove half of the whipped cream and set aside.
8. Add the other half of the whipped cream to the cream cheese that you’ve blended along with the 100g crushed Oreos you set aside earlier. Using a spatula fold everything together until well combined.
9. Add the filling to the biscuit base in the tin and spread using a spatula.
10. Spread the remaining whipped cream over the top of the filling. You may have some left which you can keep for decorating later.
11. Place in the fridge for 5-6 hours to let it set firmly. Overnight is better.
12. Once set, push the bottom of the tin out gently, slice and enjoy!!
– You can decorate the top with any leftover whipped cream using a piping bag and mini Oreos.
– if you don’t have a chopper you can put the Oreos in a plastic sandwich bag and bash with a rolling pin until all the Oreos are crushed.