I love potatoes! They are so cheap and there are so many things you can do with them. Recently I was making chicken steak and I didn’t want just chips or mash and wanted something with more flavour.
So I came up with this smoked paprika potato recipe. Smoked paprika is one of my favourite ingredients. It brings a unique smokiness and spice to dishes and can be used in so many different dishes.
What you need;
6 potatoes, peeled, washed and cut into chunk
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tbs smoked paprika
1 tsp dried basil leaves
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
What you need to do;
1. Pre heat your oven to gas mark 7.
2. In a baking dish add some 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tbs garlic powder, 1 tbs smoked paprika, 1 tsp dried basil leaves, 1 tsp salt and black pepper. Mix all the ingredients together until fully combined. Set aside.
3. Peel approx 6 potatoes. Cut them into small chunks and boil in hot water for approx 10 mins.
4. Drain the potatoes and add them into the spice mixture in your baking dish. Make sure you do this while the potatoes are really hot. This makes sure the hot potatoes absorb all those yummy flavours.
5. Bake for 20 -25 mins in the oven.
Done! Enjoy with a salad, roast, steak, as a side or own their own!