Spicy Cous Cous is a great alternative to rice & pasta. I cook this a lot, it’s so quick and easy to make and the Nandos peri peri sauce is what makes this Cous Cous delicious!
It’s perfect with fish, salads, chicken, curries or stews.
Here’s what you need;
300g Cous cous
3 spring onions finely chopped
1 red pepper finely chopped
600 ml of chicken stock
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3 tbs Nando’s peri peri sauce medium hot
3 tbs olive oil
What you need to do;
1. In a pot heat the olive oil.
2. Add the chopped spring onion & pepper and sauté for 3-4 mins until slightly soft.
3. Add the Cous Cous, turmeric powder & Nando’s peri peri sauce and mix well.
4. Add the chicken stock & stir. Turn the flame to low and cover and cook for 10 mins. Do not remove the lid during cooking.
5. After 10-15 mins remove the lid and using a fork fluff up the Cous Cous.
It’s really that simple! The trick to cooking good Cous Cous is using the right ratio of water to Cous Cous. So the water or stock is always double the amount of Cous Cous. Also when cooking with the lid on don’t remove the lid as all the steam escapes.